Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Random Flower Pics...

Last Sunday I took some pictures of plants in my yard that are blooming...Just wanted to post some of them for people to see....

This lambs ear plant has to be one of my favorite plants...I love the hot pink blooms..My mom brought me these plants when they bought their mountain house in north Georgia...I now have them growing all over the yard...Once the seeds fall they multiply like rabbits...They are also hardy in the winter...No blooms but still stay the white greenish color...  


I received this rooster planter one year for my birthday...I liked it but didn't love it...I had an idea while trying to take a nap...Maybe a little spray paint?? So i painted the bottom pot which was the original...Its a hammered look bronze...I cleaned out my fish pond and found the small pot...A little red paint and presto...It didn't cost me anything...I already had everything I needed...Even the petunias...Had them leftover from planting...

This plant is insane...See the 2 stalks? Last year it had 1 and it got taller than me...Its some sort of Lambs Ear I guess...I really like it..AND it had babies...They are everywhere....

The purple petunia is the reason I took this photo...They remind me of my childhood...I spent alot of time at my grandmothers house and she had these flowers...The yellow daylily happens to be one of my favs too...I call it the mini daylily because its so much smaller than the regular ones...I have no idea what the real name is...

No comments: