Sunday, May 29, 2011

New Door Wreath

I bought this grape vine wreath at Hobby Lobby about 2 months ago...I put some flowers on it but I didn't "love" it...it's been hanging on my door...Last night I decided to get out the spray paint!! I painted it white...


In my kitchen...the light's not that great...i painted it white

The flowers I used were bought at Dollar Tree....For some reason when i saw them the yellow just popped out at me...i just cut them off at the stem....they were originally long stemmed...i bunched them up and wrapped sisal twine around them....i hot glued the end to stay...i took the whole bunch and hot glued it onto the wreath....i had a letter "L" that i had also purchased at Hobby Lobby to use on another project that my husband hated...i had spray painted it blue from the flower pot project i did a while back...i also hot glued it onto the wreath...it just seemed to be missing something...i took some of the sisal twine and made some small flowers out of it....see below:




i made 3 of the flowers...i hot glued them onto the wreath and still something seemed to be missing....i rummaged through some of my old crafting stuff and found some little blingy jewels...i put them in the center to complete it...

hanging on door...
close up...

i'm happy with it for now...since i'm usually a copy cat, i just wanted to say that i came up with this on my own!! HAHA...just a creative streak in me today...i will probably change it up later....

EDIT 1: All of my stuff fell off! guess it was too hot on my door...got to try something different...

EDIT 2:  I used some Gorilla glue this time and it didn't fall off...has been several days!! YAY!

I'm linkin' up to debbiedoos newbie party!! my 1st one :) click on the link below to check out her site....

Debbie Doos :)




Peace, Love, & Joy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a great wreath!! And your flowers are beautiful!! I don't know if you do linky party's but there is a great newbie one at http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/2011/06/outdoor-garden-colors-newbie-party.html I think she would love this. I am a new follower. Hope you have a great week!

http://kadie-sevenalive.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

thank you very much for the comment! i added my link...it was my 1st link party...thanks for suggesting it otherwise i would have been too chicken...LOL :)

Debbiedoos said...

LOL...I have done that same thing before with the hot glue gun. Looks cute. I love spray painting wreaths. Glad you joined my newbei party. Please add my link to your post. thanks.

Unknown said...

I am glad that you linked up!! I know it can be scary but they really are a lot of fun.