Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Old Chair

a couple of months ago i had a thought...i was probably in bed trying to go to sleep...for some reason thats when i get my best ideas...my mind tick, tick, ticks most of the time...

i saw a chair online that someone had painted and put on their porch with a cute little flower pot on it...i wanted to do something like that on my patio with a sign i bought at ross that said welcome to our porch...so, this is where my thought came in......

about 13 years ago my parents bought a house that was built in 1864 and remodeled it...in the upstairs she found a pair of chairs...one of them was broken during the renovation...she stored them in the barn thinking she would do something with them later...so here we are in 2011 and the chairs were still in that barn...she wouldn't let me have the good one...so i got the broken one...and i had to beg for it...i left with the chair and she had a scowl on her face...she didn't want to give up the broke chair...

scratch the original idea...the chair sat on the porch since the day i got it...i scuffed it up a little with sandpaper and cleaned the cob webs off of it...i was in bed again...thinking...again....i had another idea....

here it is before...

after sanding and some stain...i painted a 5 on it...i like random numbers...my family keeps asking why is that 5 on there??? and btw, i know my pics are horrible...yes, i do have a nice fugi that i paid over $200 but i'm too lazy to use it...i don't have a work space so i do alot of my painting inside...especially in this hot southern summer we are having...

a little staging makes everything much better...this is the end result....it only took me about 30 minutes to do this...

i hope you enjoyed the history of my chair...LOL...i took this old chair that probably wouldn't mean anything to an ordinary person...it means the world to me...it has a past and now its in my present!!


Peace, Love, & Joy

No comments: